How to get red wine stain off wine glasses

How to remove inorganic stains. Inorganic stains come from material that is not from a living organism such as lime and mineral deposits, rust, soap scum, and stains from chemicals.

How to get red wine stain off wine glasses

Postby mother_2005 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:25 am

We are having some guests over for dinner but our wine glasses are all badly stained with red wine stain that we cannot get off no matter how hard we wash them :cry: . Does anyone has any tip of how to get rid of the stains? I will be very grateful :) .
mother_2005
Little Duster
Little Duster

Postby mrscleannw » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:26 am

Hi Mother_2005,
Welcome to Mrs. Clean!

Are the wine glasses made of crystal?

I?m assuming that regardless of the type of glass they are either pitted, which will happen to any crystal that is run through the dishwasher using automatic dishwashing detergent that contain phosphate, and/or your wine glasses have hard water stains on them which are caused from microscopic deposits of minerals such as lime, calcium or magnesium that are contained naturally in tap water.

So the bad news is that once a glass is pitted, it cannot be repaired, but hard water stains made of minerals (that can become further stained with wine) can be helped.

You can purchase a hard water remover and wipe the glasses down to remove the stains, or try a soak in plain white vinegar to remove hard water deposits

I hope that helps.
mrscleannw
Cleaning Queen
Cleaning Queen

Postby lolitad » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:22 am

I have tried with hard water remover but no result :(
I'll try the other suggestion that you made.. maybe it will work..
do you have other solution for my wine glasses that are not made from crystal?
thanks
lolitad
Little Duster
Little Duster

Re: How to get red wine stain off wine glasses

Postby Yeshabern21 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

As I know there is a dish washing liquid that could be able to removed stain from plates and glasses. I have watch from the television commercial. I think it could be able to remove the red wine stain from your glass.
Yeshabern21
Little Duster
Little Duster

Postby mold removal tampa » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Here are some very steps to get red wine stain off wine glasses...

=> Prepare the sink by placing a rubber mat on the bottom of the sink and a rubber guard on the faucet.

=> Wash the glasses one at a time using a very mild dishwashing detergent and water.

=> Rinse in warm water.

=> Dry each glass by hand immediately after rinsing using a soft, dry dish towel.
mold removal tampa

Postby alisharanderson » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:07 am

Any denture cleanser works tho to remove the stains. or have you try to use a hot water soak?
alisharanderson
Little Duster
Little Duster

Return to Removing Other Stains