need non-allergenic substitute for Endust spray

Expert and professional house cleaning and organizing tips. Questions and answers from professional cleaners.

need non-allergenic substitute for Endust spray

Postby AnnaMae » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:47 pm

:D Hi, Friends! I live in deep-desert southwestern Arizona, where the battle against gritty dust never ceases :? I've depended upon Endust spray my entire housekeeping life (and I'm pushing 60 now :shock: ), but recently, a new medication has apparently triggered a sensitivity to certain smells/fumes/products in these old sinuses of mine :cry: .

I am now in need of a non-allergenic, fragrance-free, organic, "home-cooked" :) anti-dust spray recipe to help my Swiffer floor pads and hand-held surface Swiffer "fluffers" beat the gritty dust without beating the daylights out of my poor ole sinuses :wink: .

Any and all suggestions will be deeply appreciated by this-here Desert Dust-Buster Lady 8)

AnnaMae
Little Duster
Little Duster

Home made & all natural cleaners

Postby mrscleannw » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Hello AnnaMae and Welcome to Mrs. Clean's Forum!

I have done some research and found this website that sells an all-natural dusting spray. It lists ingredients and you can make sure that there is nothing in its contents that would be an issue for you. Here is the link: http://www.ourgreenhouse.com

Also, if you would like to make your own dusting spray, I found a "recipe" that seemed like it would be a great combination and work well. It is as follows:
All-Purpose Cleaner
2T vinegar
1 t Borax
Hot water
a few drops of a mild dish detergent
10 drops of essential oil, optional

In a 16 spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Swish around until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Add the essential oil.

We also have a list of home made cleaning solutions on house cleaning central.

Good Luck and Happy (and Healthy) Cleaning!
Mrs. Clean
mrscleannw
Cleaning Queen
Cleaning Queen

Thank you!

Postby AnnaMae » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:05 pm

:D thanks, Mrs. Clean, for the links and the "recipe" -- I'll get busy with the info ASAP and will let you know how I'm doing in my Quest to Beat the Desert Dust Without Beating Up My Sinuses :D
AnnaMae
Little Duster
Little Duster

Return to House Cleaning Tips